I remember that morning, 6 or 7 years ago. I had been practicing Agile for a few years and I had decided to update my LinkedIn profile. I edited my job title and replaced “Scrum Master” with “Agile Coach”.
That was a lie. But I didn’t know it at that time. I really believed I had become a coach. But in reality I was a consultant, a trainer, sometimes a mentor.
In this short talk, I will share my personal journey to become an Agile Coach and share what I’ve learned:
• What is the difference between consulting, training, coaching and why we should care?
• Why by calling ourselves coaches we hurt the whole coach profession?
• What can we do about it?
• How did I become a coach?
• What are my coaching tools?
• Does your organization really need a coach?